Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bath Tissue? You mean Toilet Paper?

Okay first let me start by saying I was watching the second Resident Evil movie on Sci-Fi so already I was bored to begin with. During the commercials a couple of blue cartoon bears came on holding Ice Cream cones. I'm just guessing they stole it because that's how Yogi would always get his. Sadly there was no chocolate, Just some mess of Red, Green and Yellow Ice Cream.

Shortly after one of them turned their attention to some Charmin toilet paper as one of them had to go poopies behind a tree. Serves him right for trying to steal human food. Alright so I've seen all this without yelling bullshit so far but then they push my button by calling it "Bath Tissue".

.... Since when did Toilet Paper become "Bath Tissue"? What the hell is wrong with Toilet Paper? Why did we have to start changing everything to sound more neutral? It's been going on for a while now to the point that I forgot what other things changed. This isn't the first time they've tryed to force a new name upon it, Didn't toilet paper go as Sanitary Paper for a while. I guess Bathroom Tissue is better than that atleast. Still though, I can't see myself ever tell someone "Hey man, You ran out of bath tissue."

I just don't see whats wrong with toilet paper. It's direct to the point, "This is paper, You use mainly for toilet needs". Bath Tissue sounds like it's a big box of Kleenex that you use for anything but a bath or to clean your ass.


charmin bears by spiggycat

By the way, What is it with the damn bears? Toilet paper is too dirty sounding but a big ol' bear dropping a log behind a log isn't?

Ok, Pointless rant over. Go away now.

2 comments:

Sandie lee said...

Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Your not the first to point this out. In 1990 George Carlin talked about toilet paper becoming bathroom tissue and a whole myriad of other discusting euphamisms including constipation becoming occasional irregularity. It has gone back to constipation since however. The HBO special was called "Doin it again" and if your not familiar with George Carlin, look him up I think you would like his material.