Saturday, October 11, 2008

43 Things - Buy a Gun


I am very pro gun but for some strange reason I havn't gotten to the point of buying a gun. I've gone shopping in Army/Police/Gun shops plenty of times but there just hasn't been that momment that sparked me into getting one. First things first, I know nothing about guns. Not only that but I still havn't fired a gun. The last time I even held a real gun was a go decade ago. So why get one if they havn't been a need in my life? Why not?

If I believe that every man should have the right to protect himself and be armed while doing it why shouldn't I. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be that crazy guy at work who reads a different issue of Firearm Entertainment Weekly every day.

So how close am I to buying one? Eh, Let's see. For now I'm just adding this to my to do My 43Things list.

3 comments:

Erick said...

I lean to the left politically, but I'm for owning a gun myself. There was a thread on BC about this several months ago as well. I don't think I'd mess with it unless I needed to though. Some people get overly fascinated with their toy that they can't wait to use the thing. I look at it as I hope I never have to use the thing.

Anonymous said...

I can tell you from experience that carving one out of soap is neither quick enough or helpful enough in an emergency. For years I thought, man, if I ever get into trouble, it's okay. I still have a bar of soap. But it turns out, that's just an urban myth. Plus, I suck at carving. Anyway, you should go ahead and get one if you've been putting it off because of the soap gun thing.

Anonymous said...

I own a Glock 22 and have gone to the range once, and fired 50 rounds. It was very fun. I used to own a Glock 17 before this, and went to the range more frequently. I plan on going to the range this weekend to fire another 50, but this time I need to calibrate it by adjusting the sights, I was off low and to the left last time.

Gun ownership might be more important than voting. It is the 2nd amendment right after free speech for a reason!